Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Methuen, Mass...

Get this - Massachusetts in December and it is 60 degrees.  SIXTY degrees.  The deep South and Midwest are getting pounded with snow, ice, and freezing temps, but it's a nice balmy 60 here in good ol' Mass.  Weird weather, I tell ya! I'm HUNTING the snow and it seems like it comes behind us or in front of us, but never on top of us.  Don't get me wrong, I do NOT want to get into ice, but snow...the little fluffy kind that you can catch on your tongue like Linus from the Peanuts...that kind of snow.  That is what I want to see, and plenty of it.  Don't think its gonna happen this trip.

Anyway, we are backed into our dock in Methuen, Mass getting unloaded.  Pretty uneventful trip from Kansas City.  We did get to stop in the Pittston, Pa terminal that we have.  Dropped this trailer at the yard there and finished my Christmas shopping. This is the first year ever, that I have not been scrambling on Christmas Eve to try and find gifts.  THIS Christmas eve, I'm gonna kick back and watch football and eat turkey!

I hope we get a decent load outta here.  Getting a load out of Mass is akin to getting a load out of Florida...they are non existent.  It usually takes a day or more to get a load out of Mass and with the way the economy is right now, we could be stuck here for a while.  

Hey, guys, do yourself a favor and check out the blogs I read.  These are some good blogs and I think if you enjoy this one, you will really enjoy those as well.  Go on, they are in a link box right over there -------------------->

Check em out!  And leave comments!  Tell em PRIMEtime sent ya!

More later guys...be safe out there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Be careful what you wish for!!!! Next blog entry we'll be hearing about your snow driving woes. LOL

Thanks for the shout out for our blog and others. They really are entertaining, including yours, and show what life on the road is really all about.

Craig and I will be out on the road during the holidays and new year, but hope you enjoy your time at home during this special time of year.

Sam Huss said...

Ditto the above...Thanks for the shout out on our blogs!

Mark Krusen said...

Thanks too from us, Mr and Mrs Justa. Once a person is in trucking, it is in their blood, and Mark is definitely a true professional driver, such as you and your readers. We live in the northeast, and I can not tell you how many times Mark would call saying the roads were clear, and I was going out with our son to shovel anywhere from 1-6 feet of snow. He would be going south and we would be freezing. Be careful when it pops up on you !. Cindy