Sunday, December 14, 2008

Delays, followers, and pee on the ear buds...

Well, it has been a sad few weeks with no Internet service on the truck.  It seems Sprint really was serious about getting that money every month.  They don't think its too funny when you snub their phone calls and not call them back.  So, I had to cough up the money to get that paid so I could be back online and posting on this new blog  I have.

It seems I have some followers to the blog as when I signed on tonight to post this it said I had four bloggers that are watching this blog for updates.  Felt kinda weird at first as I haven't posted much here due to the recent death of my Internet account.  Sorry you guys for not posting much.  I promise to do better :).

Now, on to the meat of this post...Yesterday, we got our load and headed to Kansas City, Mo. to pick it up.  Our load instructions had us down for an appointment time between 0800 and 2300 central time.  this pretty much means we can pick this load up anytime yesterday  between those hours, but there is a drop dead time of 11:00pm.  Now, this drop dead time is for both us and the shipper so they have to have me loaded and on my merry little way by 2300.  Well, it didn't quite work out that way.  

I arrived at the ship;per at around noon yesterday figuring I may get lucky and get loaded pretty fast.  Well, they turned me around and told me to go park out on the street and wait for them to call me on my cell phone.  So, we went out to the street and waited...and waited...and waited.  NINE hours later, my cell phone rings and I am to back into door number 3.

I did as I was told and waited.  And waited...and waited.  FINALLY around 7:40 this morning, I get a little man banging on my door to hand me my paperwork and seal so I can leave.  This coming  mere 19 hours and 45 minutes after I arrived.  I think they thought it was funny.  Let's see how funny they think it is when Prime, on my behalf, bills them for detention at $1.00 per  MINUTE for every minute past 11:00 I sat there.  Gonna be fun times at that shipper when they get THAT invoice.

Of course, us being that late GETTING the load, means we are gonna be late delivering it.  It is always fun showing up late to a appointment.  NOT.  They talk to me like it was MY fault we were late.  They don't want to hear my story of turmoil that I had at the shipper.  They don't care, I don't think.  All they want is the 36000 pounds of cured ham I'm bringing to them.  It appears some people need to eat.  Oh, well...

While waiting yesterday, I have a funny little story to tell you...I went to the bathroom as we are ALL sometimes inclined to do from time to time and was listening to my iPod on the way.  I had stopped to talk to one of the dock workers to see if they knew when I would get a door and took the left ear bud out of my ear so I could hear this guy tell me in Spanish that he had no clue.  I was deep in thought and didn't think much about the ear bud dangling there.  After I was finished my business, I dropped the iPhone and it fell next to the toilet.  As I bent to pick it up, that left ear bud that was just dangling there, made its way into the toilet bowl...yep, got pee on the ear buds.  Soaked them to be exact.  Needless to say that one wasn't working any longer.  Trashed them right then and there.  Gonna cost me 50 bucks for new ones.  I cant wait to spend that money!

More later guys...be safe!

No comments: